Wow, I can use the thinkTANK photo Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0 for work as a work laptop bag. Yes, it doesn’t look like a camera bag hence the name urban disguise. It is a professional looking messenger style bag that you can use to carry your DSLR, Flashes, and many more photography items. This is only possible with the great design of the bag utilizing every inch as functional space. You will not believe how much I was able to fit in this bag. I actually use the older thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V1.0 as a dedicated small strobes bag which holds Two Nikon SB-900s, Two Gary Fong Lightsphere Collapsible Pro Kit that includes Lightsphere Collapsible, White Dome, AmberDome, ChromeDome with Adapter Ring, set of 4 gels (red, yellow, blue, green), PowerSnoot with PowerGrid. , Three pocket wizard plus IIs, roll of gaffers tape, Three mini 6 inch flash stands and lens cleaners etc. It’s amazing how much gear it can hold. Again, only possible due to the design of the Urban Disguise 70 Pro.
FRONT of the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0
- Looks like a messenger bag that holds documents and mobile devices
- A zipper pouch on the outer flap that extends to the width of the flap. (I use this pouch to store items which I need easy access like pens, compact flash cards and batteries.)
- When you lift the front flap, you are exposed to two open pouches ( Two Gary Fong collapsible light spheres fit perfectly on one pouch and 4 domes fit perfectly in the other pouch.
- There is also a loop inside the pouch to attach your pixel pocket rocket digital media holder.
TOP of the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0
- A pair of handles with a leather portion to what your hands have contact with and a zipper to expose the main chamber.
INSIDE MAIN CHAMBER of the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0
- There are 5 main slots pre-configured. Again as the dividers are bound to the bag via Velcro, you may customize the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0 to your hearts conent. (The main divider holds my Nikon D300s with an attached Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 VR II. To the left of my DSLR are my two Nikon SB-900s. To the right of my DSLR, you will find my three pocket wizard plus IIs. To the far right, you will find my rocket blower and hoodman right angle finder. To the far left of my DSLR, you will find my cleaning clothes.
- There is one thin slit pouch which holds my color wheel and flash manual.
BOTTOM of the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0
LEFT SIDE FROM FRONT of the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0
- An elastic side pouch. (Holds my water bottle)
RIGHT SIDE FROM FRONT of the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0
- Another elastic side pouch. (Holds a lens for quick change like a 50mm or lensbaby.)
BACK of the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 Pro V2.0
- A zippered thin pouch. (Important documents you want to easily access like model and/or property releases)
- A slit that has a zippered bottom that can be opened to allow for a luggage handle through it for easy transport with luggage.
AFTER FIRST USE:
What a workhorse of a camera bag. It not only deceives the non-photographer that the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise 70 pro V2.0 is a camera bag but also a well designed and fully functional camera bag capable of holding a lot of photography gear.
During family portrait shoot on location, I was able to carry the thinkTANKphoto Urban Disguise cross shoulder and easily access my camera at will from simply unzipping the bag and reaching for the camera from the center chamber. Once the shot is taken, I am able to easily conceal the camera in a matter of seconds. This was helpful in situations where one has to be discrete with having a camera in hand.
After long hours of shooting, the generously padded shoulder strap is a lifesaver.
A FEW OF THE FEATURES I FOUND MOST USEFUL FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS INCLUDE: (view a full listing at the manufacturer website)
- · Big enough to hold two DSLRs.
- · Easily accessible front organizer pocket.
- Rear panel for roller handle attachment can be closed for use as another pocket.
- Adjustable non slip shoulder pad.
- · Ballistic nylon fabric
I’ve detailed the specs from the ThinkTANKphoto website below:
- ID: 14.5” W x 12.3” H x 6.5” D (37 x 31 x 16.5 cm)
ED: 15” W x 12.5” H x 7.5” D (38 x 32 x 19 cm)
- Weight: 3.3–4.2 lbs (1.5–1.9 kg)
- Lifetime Warranty
If you need a photography bag that doesn’t look like a photography bag for urban and/or airport travel, then the thinkTANKphoto Urban Diguise 70 pro V2.0 is the bag for you. As with all the thinkTANKphoto bags, the Urban Diguise is well designed and very durable and a trustworthy medium to transport your gear anywhere in the world.
Disclosure: We’ve received this product at no cost for this review. The views and opinion expressed in this review are mine.
This is surely my go to bag when I travel via airplane as it works perfectly with my thinkTANKphoto Airport Security V2.0. http://photographysilo.com/product-review/think-tank-photo-airport-security-v2-0/
If you enjoyed this post, then please “like”and/or “plus” this post and subscribe to the PhotographySILO.com In Crowd Newsletter to keep informed of the latest posts, free lightroom preset giveaways, exclusive email list only promotions and more!
Also, look out for video versions of some of my posts on youtube and subscribe to my channel http://www.youtube.com/photographysilo to ensure you are updated every time I release a new awesome photographySILO.com video.
Thanks for the support!