For this post, I will be going over how to locate and cast a perfect model for your photoshoot. I am also using a real life example for my upcoming shoot to give a better real life perspective.
I’ve detailed the steps in list format for easy use and reference.
Step 1: Identify the qualities of the ideal model for your shoot by referring to the Product, Target audience and concept. Model notes in bold and all caps
- Type of Photoshoot:
- a. Advertorial (MODEL TYPE: ALL AMERICAN LOOK)
- Lensskins http://www.lensskins.com/Default.asp (MODEL TYPE: MODEL OR PHOTOGRAPHER)
i. Lens Skins™ is the first ever patent pending, removable, durable grade 3M vinyl. Lens Skins™ are engineered to withstand wear and tear; protect your lenses from scratches and minor dings. Lens Skins™ will not harm your lenses original paint, powder coating, plastic, or moving parts. Lens Skins™ are custom cut for each particular . You will still be able to see every window and have access to all your important functions, features and buttons on your lens.
- Target Audience:
- M18-45 (MODEL TYPE: VOLUPTIOUS AND SEXY)
i. Bare lady photo sniper (MODEL TYPE: OPEN SPIRITED TO SHOOT SEMI-NUDE TO NUDE)
i. A semi-naked female photographer body painted in camaflouge working her way through the jungle looking for the perfect shot.
i. 1 female model
i. Blue screen
i. Green Foliage
Step 2: Create a list of all the qualities of the ideal model based on the 1st step.
- Type of model :
- (MODEL TYPE: ALL AMERICAN LOOK)
- (MODEL TYPE: MODEL OR PHOTOGRAPHER)
- (MODEL TYPE: VOLUPTIOUS AND SEXY)
- (MODEL TYPE: OPEN SPIRITED TO SHOOT SEMI-NUDE TO NUDE)
Step 3: Process of Elimination
- From the requisites above, it is almost impossible to find a female photographer to participate in the shoot. Therefore, we need to locate a Model.
Step 4: Talent Searc h
- Use an online search website to locate the talent.
- If you were looking for a photographer, I would use facebook, google plus and Model Mayhem and one model place.
- For this example, I am looking for an open minded a free-spirited model so I will restrict my search to Model Mayhem.
i. Model Mayhem: http://www.modelmayhem.com/
- I use model mayhem for the following reasons
- I’ve uploaded my latest work to this site. (this is important as the quality of work dictates the quality of models willing to do TFCD (Trade for CD)
- Easy Search
- Quality of Models
Now that you know how to qualify a perfect model for your shoot, its time to do the actual search. Lookout for the article titled “Photo Shoot Model search made easy and free” to go how I use Model Mayhem.
If you liked what I Lawrence Atienza had to say, then please show some love and like this photographysilo post or give me a plus, share the link and sign up for my newsletter.