MindShift Gear’s New Outdoor Photography Filter Nest is Two Bags in One
SANTA ROSA, CALIF – MindShift Gear’s has just released the Filter Nest, the first dual-purpose round filter case for outdoor photography. The Filter Nest is two bags in one: a padded, zippered pouch protects delicate filters from dust and scratches in the field and a removable insert allows for compact packing. The Filter Nest is belt-mountable and compatible with MindShift Gear’s rotation180° Panorama and rotation180° Professional backpacks for quickly accessing filters while setting up a shot. Plus, the grab-handle with SR buckle enables photographers to hang the Filter Nest from a tripod to suit workflow for rapid filter changes when speed counts.
“Photographers rely on filters to create various lighting effects,” said MindShift’s president and lead designer Doug Murdoch. “They need a protective, well-designed case that provides rapid access for quick filter changes. The Filter Nest provides for this quick access, as well a means for compact packing.”
- 2 bags in 1:
- The padded, zippered pouch provides optimum protection in the field.
- The “removable insert” is ideal for compact packing.
- Color-coding improves organization, fits 8 round filters including 2 variable NDs, and eliminates plastic cases in the bag.
- Belt-mountable to provide quick access to filters when setting up a shot (Compatible with the rotation 180° Panorama and the rotation 180° Professional backpacks).
- Grab-handle with SR buckle enables you to hang the Filter Nest from a tripod for quick access
- Front zippered pocket fits a lens cloth.
The Filter Nest fits 8 round filters (up to 82mm) including 2 variable NDs in orange divider, step up/down rings, cleaning cloth, lens caps, lens pen and more.
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
External pouch: 8.1” W x 4.3” H x 3.0” D (20.5 x 11 x 7.5 cm)
Removable filter insert: 7.3” W x 3.7” H x 1.8” D (18.5 x 9.5 x 4.5 cm)
Round filter slots: 3.4” W x 3.5” H (8.6 x 9.0 cm)
Weight: 0.4 lbs (0.2 kg)
ABOUT MINDSHIFT GEAR
MindShift Gear (www.mindshiftgear.com) is a group of committed professional photographers and product designers who support conservation and protection of our natural resources and planet. Founded by the creators of Think Tank Photo and conservation photographer Daniel Beltrá, MindShift is dedicated to building carrying solutions for those who are passionate about experiencing the natural world. Their slogan, “Engage with nature,” challenges people to not only become involved in outdoor activities, but to create a conversation about nature and our relationship to the environment.