Let’s just say it was a very exciting chat. Not sure if you guys are aware but even in this age of digital, I greatly value the beauty of the print and that is only possible with of course a calibrated monitor and the right printer.
As an owner of the EPSON R1900 for years and recently the EPSON R2000, I am very familiar with the high quality prints Epson provides it’s customers. The Epson SureColor P600 surely will not disappoint based on the specs. (I hope to receive a review unit soon for a first hand account)
EPSON R2000 owners don’t worry about having to replace your baby, the EPSON SureColor P600 is more of an addition to your arsenal opposed to a replacement product. If you owned the EPSON Stylus Pro 3880 (known for producing amazing black and white prints) on the other hand, the EPSON SureColor P600 might possibly be a welcomed replacement. Expected product release Q1 2015.
So now you ask why, well check the specs yourself or if you are fortunate enough to be at Photo Plus Expo in New York stop by Booth #701 and check it out for yourself.
EPSON SureColor P600 details
Designed without compromise for creative professionals, pro photographers, fine artists, and illustrators, the Epson SureColor P600 13-inch printer delivers professional capabilities and exhibition-quality wide-format prints. Leveraging next-generation Epson UltraChrome® HD pigment inks with unprecedented pigment black density and wide color gamut, the SureColor P600 delivers dramatically sharper, bolder and richer output to unlock the true artistry of your work. Enhanced AccuPhotoTM HD imaging technology and three-level black ink technology creates professionally toned black-and-white prints. Advanced media handling with improved roll paper support allows for breathtaking panoramas up to 12 feet long.
UNCOMPROMISING QUALITY & PERFORMANCE
All-new Modern Printer Design with Professional Features
– Print up to 13-inches wide on 13”x19” cut sheet and roll paper
– Adjustable 3.5” Color LCD Touch Panel with easy-to-use interface
– Keep production running and change cartridges less frequently with nine individual high-capacity 26ml cartridges
– USB 2.0, Wireless-n, wired Ethernet, AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, and WiFi Direct
– Industry-proven, award winning Epson MicroPiezo® AMCTM print head
– Professional Epson Driver Technology with Enhanced AccuPhoto HD Imaging Technology and Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode for gallery-quality color and black-and-white prints
– Epson one-year limited warranty with specialized telephone support and expedited, third business day exchange
– Optional Epson Print Layout software with intuitive controls to take the hassle out of printing
Epson UltraChrome HD Inks – Next-Generation Pigment Ink
– All-new, 8-color, pigment-based ink set
– High-density black ink chemistry for unprecedented black density with
L* values as low as 2
– Exceptional tonal range delivered through use of three-level black ink
technology, variable droplets and advanced screening algorithms
– Auto-switching Photo and Matte Black inks; Save Ink Mode for
minimal ink use between switches
Advanced Media Handling
– Robust print engine with front-in, front-out paper path for consistent, reliable fine art performance
– Print full-bleed, borderless cut-sheet prints up to 13” x 19”
– Create impressive panoramas on roll paper up to 13″ x 129″
– Supports a wide array of photographic and fine art paper, canvas, and even art boards
Epson SureColor P600 will be available in Q1, 2015 through authorized resellers
Below is the official press release
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Oct. 28, 2014 – Epson today announced the industry’s most advanced 13–inch photo printer – the Epson SureColor® P600. Designed for creative professionals, fine artists,and advanced amateur and pro photographers, the SureColor P600 combines an advancedMicroPiezo® AMC™ printhead with next-generation Epson UltraChrome® HD pigment inks driven byenhanced AccuPhotoTM HD imaging technology to produce exhibition-quality black-and-white printswith never before seen pigment black density and stunningly vivid color prints.“The Epson SureColor P600 was designed to not only meet, but exceed the capabilities of today’sexceptional digital image captures by producing prints with the superior level of quality ourcustomers have come to expect,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging,Epson America. “With the advent of next-generation Epson UltraChrome HD inks and unrivaledfine art and roll paper support, the Epson SureColor P600 is poised to represent the newbenchmark in desktop photographic printing.” Advanced media handling, including a front-in and front-out paper path, enables borderless photoswith exceptional clarity and sharpness up to 13”x19” on a wide variety of glossy, matte and fine artpapers, while improved roll paper support allows for breathtaking panoramas over 10 feet long forWindows® and Mac® users. In addition, custom images can be created and printed directly onto canvas, art boards and CD/DVDs.
High-capacity individual 26-mililiter ink cartridges with an innovative Save Ink auto-switching Modebetween Photo and Matte Black inks is also available to drive productivity.
Designed to provide unmatched performance, exhibition quality and professional media support,the Epson SureColor P600 offers several innovative features, including:– Epson UltraChrome HD Ink: Industry leading professional eight-color ink set delivers rich
color and a black density never before seen from a pigment ink. Built on Epson’s heritage of
professional ink technology, this ink set offers instant color stability and exceptional printpermanence ratings for color and black-and-white prints. Three-level Black ink technologysimultaneously uses Black, Light Black and Light Light Black ink for richer blacks and
– MicroPiezo AMC Printhead: The eight-channel, high-precision printhead produces amaximum resolution of 5670 x 1440 optimized dpi and variable-sized droplets as small astwo picoliters and places them with precision and accuracy. For decreased maintenanceand increased reliability, the printhead also incorporates an ink repellent coating.
– Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System: Nine individual 25.9 ml ink cartridges withpressurized ink technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds.
– Unparalleled Connectivity: Built-in100 Mbit Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless n1 and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provide flexible options for fast connectivity to multiple computers in ahome or studio. – Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode: Professionals can choose from one of four pre-set modes – neutral, warm, cool, or sepia – for stunning neutral or toned black-and-whiteprints. This feature provides intuitive and consistent control through custom slider bars anda color tone wheel for advanced tone adjustment. In addition, customized settings can besaved and recalled to achieve consistent prints, and using the optional downloadableEpson Print Layout software, users can automatically preview personal images with the
The Epson SureColor P600 will be demonstrated for the first time in North America at PhotoPlusExpo (booth #701), taking place Oct. 30 – Nov. 1 at Javits Convention Center in New York City,and will be available for purchase in Q1 2015 through authorized resellers for $799 (MSRP). Theprinter is supported by a one-year whole-unit exchange limited warranty plan and specializedtechnical support staff. For more information on the Epson SureColor P600, visitwww.epson.com/P600.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets
as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers,
printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems andis based on original compact, energy-saving and high-precision technologies.
Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn
more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.